Caledon, Town of
Name of Committee: Seniors’ Task Force
- Website: https://www.caledon.ca/en/live/adult55-.asp
- Katie Sawyers (Coordinator, Adult 55+; Project Manager, Adult 55+ Strategic Plan) email@example.com, 905-584-2272 ext. 4106
- Marisa Williams (Senior Policy Planner) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Caledon is currently in the process of implementing the Adult 55+ Strategic Plan adopted by Council in 2015 in an effort to prepare and plan for the future to ensure Caledon residents can age-in-place. Town staff work with the support of Community Members, Groups, Organizations, and the Seniors' Task Force, to ensure that Caledon moves towards becoming an age friendly community. It is important to note that the addition of an Adult 55+ Strategic Plan is a supporting document should the Town wish to explore and pursue Age Friendly Designation in the future.
The Town has completed an Age Friendly Planning Study that will inform the Town’s Official Plan building on the Housing, Transportation and Outdoor Spaces components of the Adult 55+ Strategic Plan and moving the Town one step closer towards becoming an Age Friendly Community.
The Adult 55+ Strategic Plan has 5 main focus areas or goals that are in various stages of implementation.
- To Ensure Human and Financial Resources are available to support the strategy.
- To Ensure Caledon Residents can Age-In-Place.
- To Ensure Adults aged 55 and over are socially integrated in the community.
- To Enhance programs and services for adults ages 55 and over and to continue to participate and support existing partnerships and form new ones.
- To Improve Outreach.
- To Support Additional transportation resources for adults aged 55 and over in the community.
- Municipal core funding
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs, Initiatives:
West Bolton SNAP (Sustainable Neighbourhood Retrofit Action Plan (SNAP) will focus on working with the community to achieve measurable environmental and neighbourhood improvements in a section of Bolton)
|Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings|
Caledon Community Services Specialized Transportation service (5 Year MTO transportation expansion project)
'Pay it Forward" St. Mikes (Project that ran from September 2017 – June 2018 through St. Michael's Secondary School. Program was designed for students to help senior citizens within the surrounding school community with outdoor chores – program is not running at this time)
Respect and Social Inclusion
Housing Study (Provides a measured assessment of present and future unmet housing demand from now to 2041, emphasizing the entire housing continuum)
Caledon Seniors Centre Satellite Expansion (Neighbourhood-based programming)
|Civic Participation and Employment|
Adult 55+ Website (News, programs, services, resources, housing and other information)
|Communication and Information|
Community Connectors (Volunteers trained to answer questions about services in the community - Partnership with Peel Council on Aging – Program on Hold until further notice)
|Communication and Information|
|Social Calendar (Highlight special and ongoing events in the community)||Communication and Information|
Collective Impact – Community Navigation (Partnership between Town of Caledon, Region of Peel, CW LHIN to shape a common agenda for Peel seniors under the umbrella of improved systems navigation)
Communication and Information
Community Support and Health Services
- Caledon Age-Friendly Planning Study
- Caledon Age-Friendly Planning Study- Presentation (2017)
- Age-Friendly Study Discussion Paper (2017)
- Housing Study (2018)
- Adult 55+ Strategic Plan
- Seniors’ Task Force
This profile was updated September 2019.