Hanover, Town of
Name of Committee: Hanover Age Friendly Advisory Committee
- Website: www.hanover.ca/age-friendly-hanover
- Laura Webb (Program Development Coordinator) email@example.com, 519-364-2310 ext. 2128
- Sherri Walden (Director of Parks, Recreation & Culture) firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-364-2310 ext. 2123
Hanover Age-Friendly Advisory Committee has been functioning since June 2017. It is led by a municipal advisory committee. An action plan has been created from their Needs Assessment report. They ahve implemented an Age-Friendly Speaker Series from November 2017 to March 2018. The committee has featured a variety of topics related to older adults including safety (fire & home), dementia friendly, legal matters, hearing health and driving. They have created an inventory of older adult services and programs that exist in Hanover. Current initiatives include Walkability Assessment and older adult communication including a regular ad in the newspaper and expanded distribution of the Senior Star newsletter.
- Some funding via municpal budget
- Senior Community Grant Program
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs, Initiatives:
Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings
|Inventory Program & Services|
Communication and Information
|Age Friendly Speaker Series||Communication and Information|
This profile was updated July 2018.