Hanover, Town of
Name of Committee: Hanover Age Friendly Advisory Committee
- Website: www.hanover.ca/age-friendly-hanover
- Sherri Walden (Director of Parks, Recreation & Culture) firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-364-2310 ext. 2123
- Laura Christen (Programs Supervisor) email@example.com, 519.364.2310 ext. 2128
Hanover Age-Friendly Advisory Committee has been functioning since June 2017. It is led by a municipal advisory committee. An action plan has been created from their Needs Assessment report. They have implemented an Age-Friendly Speaker Series from November 2017 to March 2018 and implemented household delivery of their Senior Star newsletter. An inventory of older adult services and programs that exist in Hanover has been created and is updated regularly. Current initiatives include completion of the Walkability Assessment, an Active Aging Event on October 1st, 2019 and the development of an age-friendly business checklist.
- Some funding via municpal budget
- Senior Community Grant Program
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs, Initiatives:
Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings
|Active Aging Event|
Communication and Information
Age-Friendly Business Initiative
|Communication and Information|
This profile was updated August 2019.