Windsor, City of
Name of Committee: AgeFriendlyWindsor (AFW) Network Windsor
- Celia Southward (AFW Network Cochair) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Duffield (AFW Network Cochair) email@example.com
The AFW Network completed the AFC Action Plan 2014-2017 and submitted its Final Report to the WHO in June 2017 accompanied as prescribed by a letter signed by the Windsor Mayor. Having completed the first complete WHO AFC cycle in the period 2009 to 2017, the AFW Network partnered with the CARP Windsor Essex Chapter and with an Ontario AFC grant organized an AFC Seniors Summit in November 2017. The Summit purpose was twofold: to share and promote our AFC efforts with other neighbour communities and to identify a way forward for AFC efforts in Windsor. The Summit Final Report is available and shared on this site along with the June AFC Action Plan Final Report. AFW Network will continue to work to identify a lead agency for the community AFC activity without defaulting to the minimum WHO requirement to maintain its membership in the WHO AFC global network. The community was delighted in February 2018 to have the AFW Network efforts recognized with the receipt of an Ontario Government AFC Community Award Category 2, one of a small handful to earn this level award!
- Age Windsor Report to the Community: Environmental Scan of Age-Friendliness
- Age-Friendly Windsor Action Plan (2014-2017)
- Age-Friendly Windsor Final Report
- Windsor AFC Seniors Summit Event Report November 2017
This profile was updated July 2018.