Durham, The Regional Municipality of
Name of Committee: Durham Council on Aging
- Website: www.durham.ca/agefriendly
- Sonya Hardman (Policy & Research Advisor, Corporate Policy and Strategic Initiatives, Office of the CAO) email@example.com, 905-668-7711 ext. 2049
a) The Region of Durham Staff Working Group monitors implementation of action items that relate directly to Regional programs and services (e.g. transit, public health, etc.)
b) The Durham Council on Aging is a cross-sectoral community network responsible for driving implementation of action items that are not specifically the responsibility of municipalities. DCoA members establish an annual work plan to identify age-friendly projects that will be pursued in each of the five years.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs, Initiatives:
|Travel Training Guide||Transportation|
|Housing Directory (Regional housing directory for every municipality in the region to use)||Housing|
|Anti-Ageism Campaign||Respect and Social Inclusion|
Community Support and Health ServicesCommunication and Information
|Created Durham Council on Aging||All|
- Age-Friendly Durham Strategy and Action Plan (2017)
- Summary of Community Feedback and Recommendations – Age-Friendly Durham Consultation (2017)
- Age-Friendly Durham Community Forum Summary Report
This profile was updated July 2018.